Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stephenie Meyer talks about Kristen


Q. You have a cameo during the wedding scene in “Part 1.” What was it like to see Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella (Kristen Stewart) finally marry?
A. When Kristen came down the aisle the first time, she kind of looked at me for a minute, like, “It’s happening.” It felt like a real wedding. It was awesome.
Q. What do you make of the controversy generated by a story about a young girl who has sex and ultimately dies and is reborn as a vampire?
A. I never think about the politics of it. It’s about a story that’s interesting to me. I’m not going to say “Breaking Dawn” doesn’t get weird. It does. I explored what it means to be a mother. With Bella, it happened to her very young. I’ve always been really fascinated that 100 years ago if you were going to have a baby you could say, “I could die. I’m taking my life in my hands to do that.” I’m fascinated with the idea of this woman who risks her life for a child. She’s like a soldier. For Bella, it’s not a perfect life. It’s a flawed life with choices that affect people.
Source suntimes via @KstewAngel - Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?